Christmas and New Year's camp for children
Adeta, Kpele December 14, 2016 - January 6, 2017
Volunteer project: The objective of the project is to help children learn about other people, cultures and lifestyles, as well as to rejoice during the New Year celebrations and offer them a chance to express themselves in new ways. Tutoring sessions will be organized to allow students who need it to catch up. So the children will have a fun and useful holiday over Christmas and New Years.
- Supervising the children in various activities and organizing a program of games, arts and crafts activities, sketches;
- School support;
- Organizing a day of activities for the children for the end of year celebrations.
- Tourist sites to visit: The Kpimé Falls, the Danyi Plateau (visit to the Monastery of Dzogbegan and its circular wooden chapel), Mt Kloto (where it is possible to get a glimpse of Lake Volta in Ghana), the village of Kuma Konda and the château Viale, Mt Agou (the highest summit in Togo).
Possibility to discover also Northern Togo (the large towns like Atakpamé, Sokodé and Kara, the Aledjo Fault (where the road passes through the rock), the region of Tamberma, the Niamtougou falls…) and the Nangbeto Dam;
- Artisanal activities, learning the techniques of batik and sculpture;
- Cultural activities, percussion (Djembé) and dancing around the fire;
- Day with an African family: a day of immersion in the life of an African family organized around the following: animism, installation of a chief in place, traditional marriage, a day in the field.
Accommodation: The volunteers will be accommodated in dormitories at the project site.
Location: Kpélé – Adéta is a town of around 15 000 inhabitants. The offices of the Prefecture Kpélé are established here. It is situated on the crossroads Kpalimé – Atakpamé, Notsé – Danyi. There is a Post Office, a police station, and a medical – social center. The nearest hospital is the American Baptist hospital, some 4 kms from Adéta.
Age range: 18 and over
Extra fee: 230 Euro
Airport pickup and transport to the project site is included.
The extra fee is intended to support the local host of the project who does not have sufficient funds. It is due upon arrival.