Support education and community improvement programs in Siem Reap
Siem Reap 4 projects of 2 wks from December to March
Volunteer project: The project takes place in a rural area of Siem Reap province, by the Tonle Sap lake which provides water for farmers to grow their crops and rice, and for fishermen to earn a living from fishing. A large portion of the population in the region is poor with limited opportunities for education and work. Students drop out of school when they become older in order to make a living for their families.
The project is organized in cooperation with a local primary and secondary school. The project aims to provide opportunities for children to learn languages, computers and get access to global education and information, to create more job opportunities for villagers, and to help local school by improving facilities and materials for the education programs.
While providing community services, the volunteers will be helping local farmers and sharing their daily life. This can be a great community experience where local and international volunteers take part in social engagement and personal development activities to understand the social context as a reflection of global trends.
Aims and activities of the project:
• Work and interaction with local children and teenagers using English language
• Promoting global education among students from the primary and secondary school
• Teaching English to children from the community who attend English classes at the school
• Organizing cultural exchange activities with the students
• Learning about Cambodian culture from local people and volunteers
• Visiting villages to explore and experience real life of local communities
• Supporting agricultural activities of local families
Accommodation: Volunteers live in a local family house with basic living conditions.
Location: Siem Reap province
Age range: 18 and over
Extra fee: 220 USD
The extra fee is intended to support the local host of the project who does not have sufficient funds. It is due upon arrival.
All available dates for this project:
December 17 - December 28, 2018
January 8 - January 18, 2019
February 11 - February 21, 2019
March 11 - March 22, 2019